Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Celebrating your pet’s birthday

Buddy, the birthday cat

Buddy, the birthday cat

My cat, Buddy, had his 13th birthday this week. It was a quiet affair, just his furry brother Max, and me and my husband. Buddy got extra treats and extra loving, but nothing extraordinary. He’s not into toys, so we didn’t get him a gift. I take that back. Hubby didn’t squirt him with the water bottle when he started crying for food two hours early.

Other humans and cats posted birthday wishes for Buddy on Catster and YouPet, the two social networks that my cats belong to. That was nice, and Buddy appreciated all the well-wishes.

Thinking about pet birthdays and what to write on, I did a Google search. I found recipes for birthday cakes for your pet, themes for pet parties, sites where you can send pet birthday ecards, and even a gift registry. Who knew?

If you celebrate your pet’s birthday with a cake for your pet and other four-leggers, don’t make a regular people birthday cake. Find a recipe made specifically for animals. Ingredients in cakes that you and I will eat aren’t good for your pets. You can always make two cakes, a special animal cake, and one for their humans.

Do you celebrate your pet’s birthday? If so, how do you recognize their special day?


No comments:

Post a Comment